Land Surveyor Senior Supervisor
Company: Southern California Edison
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Job DescriptionSurvey Senior Supervisor
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become Land Surveyor Senior Supervisor at Southern California
Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, youll be
responsible for planning, direction, and coordination for all
aspects of work for represented (IBEW) survey parties and related
staff. As a Land Surveyor Senior Supervisor your work will help
power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air
for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us
build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
The Survey Sr. Supervisor will be responsible for planning,
direction, and coordination for all aspects of work for represented
(IBEW) survey parties and related staff. This position requires
thorough knowledge of terminology and procedures of Land Surveying
and Civil Engineering. The Sr. Supervisor will be accountable for
providing accurate reporting on projects and managing resource
- Manage field Surveyors to ensure work is being performed in
compliance with State laws, Field Survey Agreement (Local 47) and
- Perform project research, logistics and management, review /
certify plats and legal descriptions.
- Writes and checks boundary legal descriptions and performs
other professional duties which require a licensed and
- Manages horizontal and vertical control systems which may
include use of Global Positioning System (GPS) monumentation/
- Manages staff and assigns personnel to survey crews on a daily
- Consult with clients, contractors, field personnel, engineering
and planning staff on survey matters.
- Responsible for quality control checks of submitted information
from survey crews and office staff to be sure all required
information is included and complete and properly archived.
- Mentor field staff with technical and office skill
- Provides professional judgment in anticipating and solving
complex problems, determining program objectives and requirements,
organizing programs and projects, and developing standards and
guides for professional Land Surveying activities.
- Implements and maintains Survey records - Geographic
Information System (GIS).
- Registered California Professional Land Surveyor.
- Ability to produce technical documentation and to communicate
technical approaches clearly and concisely.
- Minimum of 10 years survey experience, including 5 years
experience as a Survey Party Chief
- Minimum of 5 years of experience AutoCAD or AutoCAD Civil
- Valid drivers license required; must be able to meet company
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of construction surveys,
geodetic surveys, ALTA Land Title Surveys, topographic surveys,
boundary surveys, stakeout procedures and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of total station and GPS data collection,
with the ability to adapt to new equipment and technologies.
- Bachelors degree in Surveying, Geomatics or related engineering
- Fifteen years survey experience, including 5 years experience
as a Survey Party Chief.
- Registered California Professional Land Surveyor in California,
Nevada and Arizona.
- Experience with high precision vertical and horizontal control
networks, laser scanning data processing (LiDAR) and geographic
- Proficient with Trimble TBC, AutoCAD 3D and COGO capabilities
to assist the survey crews.
- Specialized CAD & GIS certification.
- Leadership and project management experience, including an
ability to interface with clients to assess project requirements
and to plan, organize, track and meet scheduled project
- Attention to detail, customer focus, teamwork, conflict
resolution, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate
Resource page for further information and to access information
guides. For information guides, please reference test #8201.
Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some
cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California EdisonThe people at SCE don't just keep
the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. Were fueling the kind
of innovation thats changing an entire industry, and quite possibly
the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while
providing our customers with the safety and reliability they
demand. At SCE, youll have a chance to grow personally and
professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and
around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Southern California Edison, Westminster , Land Surveyor Senior Supervisor, Professions , Westminster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!