Electronics Technology Laboratory Advisor [HYBRID]
Company: Edison International
Posted on: January 15, 2023
Electronics Technology Laboratory Advisor [HYBRID]
* Job ID: 71040952
* Job Family: Asset Strategy & Planning
* Location: Westminster, CA US
* Other Locations:
* Salary: 96,100-144,100
This base pay range is for a pay grade that encompasses this
position and a variety of other positions at the company. The pay
offered to the successful candidate may vary depending on the
position and multiple individualized factors, including job-related
knowledge, skills, and experience.
Represented IBEW Local 47
This pay range represents the rates of pay for step 1 to the
maximum step for this position. The pay range and the specific pay
for the successful candidate are determined in accordance with the
collective bargaining agreement between Southern California Edison
Company and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers,
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become an Electronics Technology Laboratory Advisor at Southern
California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. The Lab
Advisor of Asset Strategy Integration (ASI). There are multiple
laboratories within the ASI group that carry out the work being
done in support of SCE's grid modernization efforts. The ASI Lab
Advisor will facilitate the safe and efficient operations at five
SCE lab facilities and serve as a subject matter expert for lab
related activities. Technical activities include working alongside
the engineering groups to develop test platforms critical to lab
testing. Non-technical activities include assisting Lab Lead/Lab
Manager in the day-to-day operational lab activities. As an
Electronics Technology Laboratory Advisor your work will help power
our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for
everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
* Perform procurement of lab assets and lab infrastructure.
* Perform low voltage electrical work for the installation and
removal of data acquisition systems.
* Propose, create and carry out operational and safety procedures
for specific lab activities.
* Assist in the management of external vendors while on SCE
* Provide insight to corrective and preventative action activities
and play a key role as principal investigator in quality assurance
* Lead all aspects of lab activities at our Shawnee/Equipment
Demonstration & Evaluation Facility (EDEF) Sub-Station
outdoor/indoor test facility.
* The Advisor must work independent of specific instructions and
procedures while adhering to company policy and will be responsible
for providing guidance to management on lab operations.
* Seven or more years of experience working with electronic
components or with developing technical, safety and operational
* Experience working with vendors or in a laboratory
* Driver's license.
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business, Electrical Engineering,
or STEM field.
* Experience working in a laboratory facility/operation
* Experience with quality management systems and in the quality
* Knowledge of electric utility work methods regarding medium and
high voltage electric circuits.
* Basic knowledge of Computer Aided Drafting (CAD).
* Experience working with electric utility power systems.
* Strong verbal and written communications.
* Experience interfacing effectively and collaborating with
employees, third party entities, and all levels of management to
ensure stakeholder consensus.
You should know
* This position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to
an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
* Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
* Relocation does not apply to this position.
* The primary work location for this position is Westminster
(Fenwick Facility), however you may also be asked to work on
occasion at the Pomona (TSD & PIV) sites.
* This position requires testing and applicants who are identified
to continue through the selection process will be invited to test
via email. Reference our Information Guides for the following
test(s): Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test #8203).
Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some
cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so
much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing
an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and
create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers
with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a
chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact
in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Edison International, Westminster , Electronics Technology Laboratory Advisor [HYBRID], Other , Westminster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!