Nurse Practitioner Per Diem - NICU / Newborn Nursery (4pm - 8am)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Make a difference every single day! -When the work you do every
single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every
effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture
of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai,
and it's just one of the many reasons we've achieved our fifth
consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working
with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using
state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have everything necessary do
something incredible-for yourself, and for others. Join us, and
discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's
Best Hospitals. -As a NICU/Newborn Nursery Nurse Practitioner, you
will actively participate in the care of infants in the
NICU/Newborn Nursery and will deliver patient care management
across the health care continuum from admission to discharge. The
NP performs under the direction of the assigned supervising
physician or designee of the newborn nursery and is a collaborative
member of the team. The NP will function as a dependent
practitioner with decision-making responsibility in accordance with
the AHP Rules and Regulations and established standardized
procedures and clinical protocols. -Essential Duties: -
- Attend -delivery of normal and high-risk newborns.
- Postoperative care of newborns.
- Rounding on newborns in the nursery: providing orders,
instructions, education in collaboration with the Supervising
Physician(s) or designee.
- Management of the health care of the newborn population under
the supervision of the attending physician or designee.
- Comprehensive history and physical examination.
- Order diagnostic testing such as lab, Imaging, EKG and use
results for formulating treatment plan.
- Review diagnostics studies and take appropriate action.
- Order blood products, fluid and electrolytes therapy and other
non-operative therapeutic modalities in compliance with the
Standardized Procedure - "Treatments and Intervention Protocols:
Performed by Nurse Practitioners" and protocols.
- Prescribe medication as needed for symptom management in
compliance with the Standardized Procedure "Medications: Prescribed
by Nurse Practitioners" and Pharmacy policies.
- Complete medication reconciliation as required by CSMC policy -
"Order Reconciliation: Inpatients and Outpatients."
- Administer medications as privileged and described as part of
the plan of care.
- Provide patient/family education; provide patients and family
with information on the plan of care of newborns.
- Record progress notes.
- Refer to multidisciplinary teams as appropriate.
- Coordinating the discharging planning of newborns and discharge
- Record discharge summaries. -
- Master of Nursing Degree required
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse practitioner program approved
by the California Board of Registered
- Current State of California Registered Nurse and Nurse
- National Certification or eligibility for certification as a
- Current NP Furnishing License required
- DEA license required (or eligible to obtain)
- BLS from American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- NRP Certification -Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years acute care hospital nursing experience
- Newborn Pediatric experience required
- Delivery room experience required -
Working Title:Nurse Practitioner Per Diem - NICU / Newborn Nursery
(4pm - 8am)
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Job Specialty:Advanced Practice (RN)
Position Type:Per Diem
Shift Length:12 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Westminster , Nurse Practitioner Per Diem - NICU / Newborn Nursery (4pm - 8am), Other , Westminster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!