Staffing Supervisor - Full Time
Company: Kindred Healthcare
Posted on: November 19, 2022
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human
experience to every patient, every family member, every employee,
every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in
guiding our work every day.
Job Summary: The Staffing Supervisor under the direction of the
Area Remote Centralized Staffing Manager, provides oversight of
Staffing Coordinators who are responsible for coordination of
staffing for facility nursing units in designated areas and
contract labor management. Verifies and monitors license,
certification and compliance and training of Internal Agency Staff
and all supervivsed Staffing Coordinators. Serves as a liaison
between the Remote/Centralized Staffing office, contract labor
agencies, and hospital departments/leadership. Assists the nursing
administration with reports, staffing variances, and scheduling.
Actively participates in recruitment activities for
Remote/Centralized Staffing Office and nursing staff for area
- Supervises staffing office, which includes oversight of
scheduling and contract labor utilization, and directing staffing
coordinators to meet facility needs.
- Scheduling and timekeeping of all Internal Agency
- Attainment, credentialing verification, and tracking of all
- Monthly reporting and Internal Agency use reports.
- Ensure weekly call log is distributed to facility CCO's and
Area Program Manager.
- Subject Matter Expert for electronic scheduling system and
scheduling with use of best practices.
- Participate in Staffing Coordinator rotation for open
- Track contract labor and act as liaison between area hospitals
and Contracted Service Providers, ensure that contracted staff are
included in facility schedules, as well as track contractor
start/end dates and overall usage to ensure efficiency.
- Develops and maintains nursing department staffing records
including cancellation list, float log, master schedule, attendance
- Identifies with the CCO or designee the number and level of
personnel required to provide patient care, initiates changes in
personnel and assignment as directed.
- Maintains the accuracy of the nursing payroll time sheets.
Initiates changes and correction as necessary. Ensurese internal
agency usage of time clock.
- Reviews schedule and daily staffing of facilities.
- Demonstrates competency and practice behavior in areas of
- Reports staffing problems and unusual situations to the CCO,
Area Program Manager or designee and keeps her/him informed of
situations requiring follow up or immediate attention.
- Reports any KISA employee absences, scheduling,tardy, behavior
or performance issues to the Centralized Staffing Program Manager
for corrective and possibly disciplinary action.
- Maintains and verifies copies of current licensure, CPR and
ACLS (if applicable) for the nursing staff, as
- Maintains Internal Agency employees' file on annual skills
competencies, annual hospital updates and other educational
competencies as directed by the Area Staffing Program
- Participates in recruitment activities for nursing services as
directed by the Area Staffing Program Manager.
- Coordinates with Human Resources in the hire process and
orientation of new employees.
- Participates in hospital committees as needed.
- Schedules and participates in inservices as
- Plans and organizes training for all staffing coordinators ,
and particpates in guidance and education programs.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Two years experience as Staffing Coordinator in acute care
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Westminster , Staffing Supervisor - Full Time, Other , Westminster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!