Product System & Functionality Engineer
Company: Southern California Edison
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Job DescriptionJoin the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Product System & Functionality Engineer working with
Transmission and Distribution business unit at Southern California
Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. You will work in the
Meter Engineering group to test and evaluate meter product
firmware, software, and systems used for billing and regulatory
In this Engineer 3 role your work will help power our planet,
reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are
you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
- Ensure products perform at a safe, accurate, reliable, and
- Develop high-end meter billing programs for SCEs 5 million
electric meter infrastructure within applicable rules and
- Interface with operation personnel in; Metering Field
Operations, IT Grid Services (Advanced Meter Operations),
Engineering, IT-Service Management Office & Operations, and
Installation Management Services.
- Provide oversight by performing requirement testing and
verification along with maintenance support of communicating
- Analyze, develop recommendations and collaborate with external
vendors and other business units to resolve technical metering
- Perform critical product requirement verification to enable SCE
to capture the forecasted benefits in the field, such as
consumption measurements, remote data collection, integrated
service switch, firmware upgrades, communication testing &
development of home, local, and wide area network.
- Frequent changes in technology provide growth
- Work with communications related equipment from functionality
including hardware evaluation, implementation support, failure
analysis, and process and product improvements.
- Develop and support Quality Management System process flow,
procedure, and job aid documents ensuring critical information and
tasks are outlined for Operations personnel provide consistent
- Bachelors Degree in engineering or bachelors degree in a
- Three years in test and evaluation of electrical products and
systems testing, which include firmware, hardware and/or meter
- Five years working with testing and validating requirements by
developing test plans and test scripts, digital & analog
communications systems, product reliability and quality testing,
electrical metering, computer program testing and development,
statistical analysis, and root cause analysis.
- Must have a valid California Driver License.
- Masters Degree in Engineering or Bachelor Degree in a
- Five or more years in test and evaluation of electrical
metering products and systems testing, which include meter
firmware, meter hardware and meter software testing.
- Four years of specialized skills include power quality, digital
& analog communications systems, product reliability and quality
testing, primary electrical metering, computer program testing and
development, statistical analysis, and extensive root cause
- Four years of demonstrated experience directing the evaluation,
development, and implementation of capital projects.
- Four years of demonstrated experience troubleshooting and
performing failure cause analysis on product failures and
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- Relocation may not apply to this position.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
Keywords: Southern California Edison, Westminster , Product System & Functionality Engineer, Other , Westminster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!