Area Director Human Resources
Company: Kindred Healthcare
Posted on: June 23, 2022
We are recruiting for an Area Director of Human Resources to join
our Human Resources Team.
Works closely with hospital and district leadership team. Provides
oversight and consulting regarding Human Resources functions for
multiple hospital facilities within in district including
recruitment and selection, orientation and training, employee
relations, policies and procedures, employment law, retention,
compensation, HRIS/management reporting and benefits. May work on
district wide projects with guidance from the Senior Director of
District Director. Consults with and updates Senior/District
Director of Human Resources regarding all Human Resources functions
and activities. In collaboration with area management and/or the
District Director of Human Resources, develops, communicates,
facilitates/coordinates implementation and monitors new and/or
enhanced HR programs, policies and procedures. Promotes proactive,
positive employee relations practices and environments in all areas
and understands and appropriately balances the roles of both
employee and company advocate. Serves as key member of Kindred
human resources team, providing valuable input and feedback and
assuring implementation and maintenance of division and corporate
HR initiatives. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local
employment laws, as well as applicable regulations and
Essential Functions: (Those functions that the individual who holds
the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance
of reasonable accommodation).
- Consults with all area management on a proactive basis to
ensure positive employee relations practices and environments in
all area facilities. Works with area management to help identify
current and future staffing and recruitment needs for each area,
including future business plan objectives. Collaborates with area
management to assist with the development and implementation of
effective recruitment plan.
- Provides oversight, guidance and direction, as requested, for
all area Human Resources functions, including the activities of the
Human Resources/Payroll/Benefits departments. Participates in
developing departmental goals, objectives, systems and processes.
Works with area Human Resources/Payroll/ Benefits staff to develop
their skills and knowledge regarding the day-to-day application of
all Human Resources policies, practices and processes, with
particular focus on positive employee relations and customer
- Reviews turnover reports, orientation summaries and exit
interview reports with area management, helping to identify and
implement improvement opportunities. Conducts at least one Human
Resources audit semi-annually at each area. Provides reporting and
analysis to hospital and district leaders as needed.
- Works closely with Kindred Talent Acquisition Team to ensure
compliance with regard to recruitment and selection process,
including the following: interviews; employment verifications,
background checks and drug screens to verify employment
eligibility; extending employment offers to qualified candidates;
ensuring that all newly-hired employees participate in a
comprehensive and timely orientation program.
- Assures that content of area orientation program for all
newly-hired employees is comprehensive and current. Assists area
with needed program changes and enhancements. Participates in the
development and assures implementation of standardized orientation
components. Assists area management with the development and
execution of action plans to address Human Resources-related areas
identified for improvement.
- Formulates positive employee relations plan and monitoring for
each area, in collaboration with area senior management and the
Senior/District Directort of Human Resources. Provides
interpretation and consulting regarding all Human Resources
policies and procedures. Provides input into development and
adoption of new/revised policies and procedures.
- Conducts exit interviews with terminating employees to
determine trends, develop appropriate retention initiatives,
provide management reporting and recommend improvement plan, as
- Consults with and advises managers on disciplinary and policy
issues to ensure the fairness and consistency of all Human Resource
actions. Conducts management training in Human Resources areas
identified for development and improvement.
- Reviews area compensation program periodically; assures that
areas participate in local and regional salary surveys, analyzes
compensation practices, assists area management analyze market
competitiveness and internal equity, advises management
- Participates in the creation and/or revision of approved,
standardized job descriptions, and assures that each area maintains
up-to-date set of job descriptions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able
to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people including
employees, physicians, board members, visitors, patients and
families, outside consultants and district and division
- Ability to work under stress and to respond quickly in
emergency situations. Ability to manage multiple priorities.
Ability to work cooperatively as a leader and as a member of a
- Maintains a strong customer-service focus and
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with all
- Excellent knowledge of all Human Resources functions and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all patient and/or
employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are
- Ability to use computer software, analyze data and produce
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's degree preferred
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Five (5) years of Human Resources Management experience in a
healthcare setting required; preferably with a multi-site
Depending on Candidates qualifications, we may fill this position
at a different level.
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Westminster , Area Director Human Resources, Human Resources , Westminster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!