Company: Pathways of California
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Welcome to Pathways of Californias career website! If you are
passionate about helping others and enthusiastic about your future,
we want you to join our team! Our company is known for an
unwavering commitment to exceptional value and recovery-focused,
quality care. We are experts in the field of behavioral health
care, providing cutting-edge mental health and substance use
community-based services and offer a dynamic employment experience!
Pathways offers competitive salaries and benefits, comprehensive
on-boarding and job training, a supportive learning environment,
ongoing education in the use of evidence-based, promising practices
and much more! We have over 30 outpatient behavioral health
locations nestled throughout our communities located in Kern
County, Los Angeles County, Orange County, and San Diego
Pathways is seeking an innovative and purpose driven individual to
join our team as a Clinical Manager at our CalWORKs location in
CalWORKs Behavioral Health Services
CCS-CalWORKs helps participants remove Mental Health and/or
substance abuse barriers to employment to aid the progress of
moving from welfare to active participation in employment
activities. CCS-CalWORKs has been providing these much needed
Mental Health and substance abuse services to CalWORKs recipients
for the past 20 years. Clinics in Anaheim, Santa Ana and
Westminster offer services to Orange County residents at multiple
locations. Participants must be California Welfare recipients with
Mental Health and/or substance abuse issues and enrolled in
CalWORKs or Cal-Learn programs. CCS-CalWORKs provides Evaluation &
Assessment Services, Individual & Group Therapy, Crisis
Intervention, Case Management, Family Support & Education and
Referrals to Community Resources. CCS-CW Evidenced Based Practice
(EBP) Services offered: EMDR, Seeking Safety and Active
The Clinical Manager oversees program operations at one site.
Overall program responsibility is shared with the Program Director.
Participates in administrative/management decisions, conducts
clinical chart reviews and oversees clinicians compliance with
contract mandates. Provide clinical supervision to pre-licensed
clinicians and student interns. Ensures invoices, payroll records
and other documentation is submitted to the Program Director and/or
Office Manager in a timely manner. Ensure clinical documentation is
completed in a timely manner, this includes assessments,
psychosocial assessments, care plans and progress notes.
Provide clinical supervision to pre-licensed clinicians and student
interns meeting agency and Board of Behavioral Science
Review and respond to subpoenas and record requests in
collaboration with CA State Director of Quality Improvement and
Provide face to face weekly supervision (a minimum of one hour of
supervision per 10 hours of direct clinical service) of all
registered/waivered clinical staff and student trainees and a
shared responsibility of conducting a 2 hour group supervision for
clinicians across all 3 sites.
- Participate in the hiring and training of new staff
- Conducts clinical chart reviews weekly.
- Submits bills, payroll and expense reports to Office manager
and Director as instructed.
- Maintain a small caseload to produce 16 hours per month of
- Assign referrals to appropriate clinician email referral log
daily to county monitors.
- Reviews reports and works directly with Data Analyst.
- Works directly with Office Manager and office staff.
- Monitor Support Specialist & Case Manager activities and assign
duties as needed.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Provide staff enrichment activities monthly.
- Provide regular trainings in collaboration with Program
Director and other Site Supervisors related to crisis intervention
and suicide prevention, current clinical trends, documentation
standards and diagnosis- specific interventions.
- Review intake and annual assessments and clinical documentation
to ensure legally and ethically appropriate service delivery.
- Completes and submits required reporting to include quality
assurance reports and utilization reviews on program clients.
- Ensure program compliance with appropriate clinical and
performance outcome measures.
- Maintain and ensures HIPAA, ethical standards and professional
boundaries with all staff and clients.
- Monitor Direct Service Hour goal achievement and progress of
- Monitor the Weekly Compliance Report and Clinician whats due
reports. Address issues with Clinicians.
- Ensure charts are in compliance and ready for peer and internal
audits as well as county conducted audits.
- Utilize Electronic Health Record to audit clinical charts and
- Other duties assigned or necessary to support the program
and/or the company.
- Provide the best customer care possible.
- Identify and build upon the strengths of clients, coworkers,
and the communities we serve.
- Support clients steps towards Recovery and Wellness.
- Create an organizational culture that respects and celebrates
the diversity of our clients.
- Value learning as an ongoing process that enables us to better
service our consumers and establishes our leadership in the
- Research and utilize our industrys best practices and analyze
our own services to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Education/Licensing Requirements Education and/or Experience
- Masters degree from an accredited school in Social Work,
Psychology, Counseling or related field, or Psy.D or PH.D in
Psychology from an accredited college or university
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Licensed as LCSW, MFT LPS, LPCC or Licensed Psychologist that
is 2 years post licensure and will provide Board of Behavioral
Sciences (BBS) required supervision to registered/waivered clinical
staff in accordance with BBS requirements.
- Proof of: valid California drivers license and auto insurance,
as well as proof of education are required.
- Prior behavioral health experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of three years of experience with Outpatient Mental
Health and/or Substance Abuse treatment.
- Must have direct clinical and case management experience, group
leadership experience and knowledge regarding Recovery Model
- Strong clinical, management and interpersonal skills; ability
to lead and direct work of others. Ability to lead and direct work
- Ability to work flexible schedule to meet the needs to the
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with peers,
direct reports and clients.
- Excellent computer knowledge, data entry skills and strong
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage time while also
ensuring the success of direct reports
PERKS OF WORKING WITH PATHWAYS CALIFORNIA:
Competitive salaries & benefits Paid Vacation Days (1st year 12
days; increases with tenure) Paid Sick Days (Accrual per pay
period) 10 Paid Holidays (including Day after Thanksgiving and
Christmas Eve) Medical, Dental, Vision including a Health Savings
Account or FSA Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible
Spending Accounts Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee,
Spouse and/or Dependents 401K Perks @ Pathways (student loan
refinancing, pet insurance, Verizon wireless discount, movie,
hotel, concert and sporting event discounts)
If you're #readytowork PATHWAYS CA is #readytohire! Not the job
youre looking for? Pathways has a variety of positions in various
locations; please go to www.pathwaysofcalifornia.com/ click on
Apply Here icon in the upper right-hand corner and click on the
location near you from the drop-down menu.
Pathways is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to
diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, veteran status or any other protected
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By submitting your interest in this job, you agree to receive text
notifications with additional steps to complete your job
application. You will receive up to 6 messages from the number
"63879". Message & data rates may apply. Please refer to our
Keywords: Pathways of California, Westminster , Clinical Manager, Executive , Westminster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!