Senior Mechanical Engineer-Utility and Sustaining
Company: Parks, Experiences and Products,Disneyland Resort
Posted on: May 15, 2022
As the Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will help ensure reliable
HVAC, compressed air, kitchen, laundry, and other mechanical
systems throughout the Disneyland Resort. You will be working with
the operating engineers and maintenance teams to resolve mechanical
issues and supporting energy efficiency projects including energy
management, system configuration management and master planning of
facilities and distribution systems. You will also assist with
master planning the Resort's mechanical utilities and the
development of GIS applications for the mechanical distribution
systems. You will partner with teams in the development of
mechanical standards and processes and will be the "Owner's
Representative" for compliance to applicable codes, standards and
interface, as directed, with regulatory agencies, while providing
"day of" response to mechanical issues relating to maintenance
questions and issues from the lines of business (LOB's). You will
collaborate with Imagineering and Resort partners for system
expansion, special events, and the addition of new venues.
You will report to the Manager of Utility & Sustaining
- Support diverse lines of business such as Operations,
Maintenance, Entertainment, Merchandise, Broadcast Services, and
others, with answers to mechanical questions, code interpretation,
and engineering and design solutions.
- Review maintenance and testing reports and provides technical
guidance to the Facility Support Services (FSS) and the Attraction
Engineering Services (ES) teams.
- Performance / management of HVAC system assessments, and
inspections to evaluate conditions, operations and maintenance
requirements of mechanical systems, engineer mechanical and piping
systems to comply with different project scopes of work following
applicable standards and regulations.
- Sustainability and energy efficient program development,
implementation and system designs.
- Develop and maintain system models and review mechanical
/piping system designs created by in-house and outside designers
for accuracy, adequacy, quality, and completeness.
- Provide recommendations for mechanical /piping system
improvements, enhancements, and replacements and ensure mechanical
/ piping projects comply with codes, e.g. CMC, CPC, NFPA, ASTM,
EPA, CAL-OSHA, applicable insurance underwriter requirements, CGMP,
Industrial Ventilation Standards, ASHRAE Standards, and Disneyland
Resort standards.Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum of seven years of experience in the engineering design
and repair of mechanical systems.
- Experience in chiller, boiler, HVAC and compressed air systems
equipment, pumps, meters valves, and distribution systems.
- Proficiency in the use of Email applications, AutoCAD, Revit,
MS Office, Energy Pro, Trace, HAP.
- Working knowledge of CBC, CMC, CPC, OSHA, California Energy
Code (Title 24), Thermal Load Calculations, energy modeling
- Ability to explain complex issues to non-technical peers and to
- Understanding of how engineering decisions relate to and affect
the businessPreferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Carrier Comfort Works and IVue
- Experience implementing mechanical systems in the ESRI ArcGIS
softwareRequired Education :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineering License (PE) in the State of
CaliforniaPreferred Education :
- Masters Mechanical EngineeringAdditional Information : Benefits
and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your
best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational
opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide.
Learn more about our benefits and perks at .
Keywords: Parks, Experiences and Products,Disneyland Resort, Westminster , Senior Mechanical Engineer-Utility and Sustaining, Engineering , Westminster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!